Terms of Service
Last Updated: July 09th, 2021
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICES CAREFULLY
You agree to comply with and be legally bound by these Terms, whether or not you become a registered user of the Services. These Terms govern your access to and use of the Services and all Collective Content, and your participation in the Referral Program. These Terms constitute a binding legal agreement between you and Car Cruiser.
Car Cruiser provides vehicle rental services. These vehicles are not for hire outside Car Cruiser rentals and cannot be solicited for work. Car Cruiser provides a platform for booking and purchasing or making payment for our services which is made available at https://carcruiser.com and any other websites through which Car Cruiser makes the platform available (collectively, the “Sites”)
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT CAR CRUISER IS NOT A BROKER, AGENT, OR INSURER. CAR CRUISER HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE CONDUCT OF OWNERS, RENTERS AND OTHER USERS OF THE SITE, APPLICATION AND SERVICES OR ANY CARS, AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY IN THE REGARD.
When using or opening an account with Car Cruiser on behalf of a company, entity, or organization, you represent and warrant that you: (i) are an authorized representative of that entity with the authority to bind that organization to these Terms and grant the licenses set forth; and (ii) agree to these Terms on behalf of such entity.
“Bare Car Rental”
A rental of a Car supported by a written agreement whereby the Car Owner transfers “the incidents of ownership” including but not limited to full possession, control and use of the Car to Renter and Renter is responsible for all aspects of the Car during the Rental including manning, provisioning and otherwise.
means paved road-approved vehicles.
“Car Cruiser Content”
means all Content that Car Cruiser makes available through the Services, including any Content licensed from a third party, but excluding Member Content.
means Member Content and Car Cruiser Content.
means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, information, and any other content or materials.
means a person who completes Car Cruisers account registration process.
“Tax” or “Taxes”
mean any sales taxes, goods and services taxes (GST), value-added tax (VAT), and any other applicable or similar municipal, state and state and federal indirect or other withholding and personal or corporate income taxes. Certain areas of the Services (and your access to or use of certain aspects of the Services or Collective Content) may have different terms and conditions posted or may require you to agree with and accept additional terms and conditions. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the terms and conditions posted for a specific area of the Services, the latter terms and conditions will take precedence with respect to your use of or access to that area of the Services.
Car Cruiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify the Services or to modify these terms, including the Service Fees, at any time and without prior notice. If we modify these Terms, we will post the modification on the Services or provide you with notice of the modification. We will also update the “Last Updated Date” at the top of these Terms. Your continued use of our Services after we publish or send a notice about our changes to these Terms means that you are consenting to our updated Terms. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using the Services.
Number of Drivers
All privately owned cars for rent are limited to a maximum number of four (4) drivers. We cannot accept more than four (4) drivers, no matter the size of the vehicle or the age of the passenger.
NOTICE: Management reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or eject from the premises, any persons failing to comply with any safety regulations or terms of the contract.
Car Cruiser, its staff, or any other crew member reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who is hostile, aggressive, obnoxious and/or drunk. If service is refused prior to your trip or during your trip all money paid will be forfeited and a refund will not be honored.
We do not have set rental time blocks, each rental has the ability to select the time that best fits their needs as long as the pick-up and return time is between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM EST. Unless otherwise agreed upon with a written contract.
We include a required vehicel briefing that lasts approximately 15 to 20 minutes at the start of the rental, times may vary depending on the vehicle. This safety briefing is part of your rental time.
We allocate approximately 15 to 20 minutes at the end of the Rental to allow for return verification, this time is part of your charter time. Failure to return within the allocated time will result in additional charges for time.
Your Rental time begins promptly at the beginning of your contracted time. If you fail to arrive on time, the vehicle will be waiting for you. No refunds or extra time will be authorized for late arrivals. No refunds for no-shows. If you fail to show, then your rental will be considered complete and your rental fee will be forfeited.
Car Cruiser has the right to restrict and or limit certain activities and usability of the vehicle.
- If a vehicle is going to be used in a commercial video, the nature of the video must be disclosed prior to contract, allowing Car Cruiser to approve of their vehicle being used in the video.
- Use of trunk spaces is limited to nonpereshable items only. Food is not allowed to be left in the trunk for more than the needed time to transport from the store to its final destination. Food is not to be left in any trunk or storage units overnight. If food is left in the trunk overnight causing any type of damage or odor, there will be a $500 cleaning and sanitation fee per storage/trunk unit.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of our vehicles this included electronic cigarettes and vape pens or vaporizers of any kind. This includes any type of vehicle such as Convertibles, Coupes, Sedans, Sports Cars, & SUV’s.
- Pets or any type of animals are not allowed in any of our vehicles. If you allow any type of animal in our vehicle, an additional $500 cleaning charge will be applied.
Please refer to our Cancellation Policy for more information about cancelations.
Illegal Substances and Illegal Activities
- If the Driver or any Passengers, is/are involved in any illegal form of smuggling or illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, or contraband, all monies paid will be forfeited and the rental will end abruptly — This includes marijuana – even medicinal marijuana — no exceptions.
- All guests will be required to return the vehicle right away. If the driver is unable to operate the vehicle, a $250 pick-up fee will be added to your rental.
- Car Cruiser will contact Law Enforcement, and/or local police to notify of illegal drugs used during your rental of vehicle.
- The renter assumes all responsibility for any injury, death or property that may be the fault of, or occasioned by the negligence of the renter, driver, or passengers.
- All crew is employed by Car Cruiser or third party associated with Car Cruiser. If Renter requests to hire his or her own driver they must be named and placed on rental contract.
- The Owner and insurance underwriters of the car accept no responsibility or liability for accidents, injuries or death during your rental or any other use during your rental – whether or not it is supplied by the Owner, Broker, Agent, or Charterer.
- Renter assumes full responsibility for any possessions brought onboard, whether owned, borrowed, leased or rented; knowingly or unknowingly (including drugs brought on by renter’s passengers.) Furthermore, Renter assumes full responsibility to assure that all possessions are taken off out of the vehicle at return. The Owner and/or Agent assumes no responsibility for any possessions brought in the vehicle or left behind by the Renter or Passengers.
- The Renter further agrees to indemnify and save the Owner and/or Agent harmless from any and all liabilities for loss, damage, accident, or injury to himself or third persons, occasioned by the negligence of the Renter or Driver or those employed by the Renter.
- In the event of damage related to abuse or mistreatment of the vehicle, damage expenses may be billed to the Renter’s credit card when applicable. The renter will be offered a pre-inspection at the beginning of the rental and a post-inspection of the vehicle prior to return.
- We require a credit card on file for all rentals, even if you pay by cash, EFT or wire transfer.